Monday, October 21, 2013

An Award!

Daisy received her first award from Taffy over at A Wiener Dog Blog.  We are so very thankful and honored to get...
 
Hooray!!
 
Daisy read a little more about Taffy's breed tonight.  Daisy read the title and author first, just like my first graders.
 Reading all about Halloween costumes.
 Turning the page...
 Highly recommended reading!
 
Now, for the award fun stuff...
11 random facts about Daisy
1. She falls asleep at the vet's office - on the table when she gets a check up.
2. Daisy does not like black mailboxes and pay phones.
3. Snoring is a part of every nap.
4. She loves to eat anything that grows in the ground.
4. Got her name not because of her color, but because she ate out every daisy in my yard.
5. She's the best car traveler. 
6. Daisy is an only dog, but has lots of extended dog family.
7. She let me wiggle and pull out her puppy teeth.
8. Loves dirt
9. Apparently can jump quite high with her short legs (see The Nut House).
10. Plays not only with toys, but scraps of paper, twigs, bugs, cans...
11. Daisy is a very loving dog!
 
Here are the questions Taffy asked Daisy (pink) and I (blue) to answer...
1. What is your favorite treat / chew?
Bark Worthies!!! Delicious and they come in my Bark Box.
2.  When did you start blogging and why?
I started blogging a week after Daisy came to live with me (April 2013).  I know how fast puppies change and I thought it'd be fun to document her puppy-hood.
3.  What is your favorite thing to do outside?
Dig up all the plants!
4.  Do you sleep in your own bed or someone elses?
Oh, she is a cuddle puppy and sleeps with me.
5.  What kind of food do you eat?
My mom makes her dog food.  It has brown rice, chicken, refried beans, veggies, and vitamins.
6.  Kenneled when home alone or do you run the house?
Daisy gets to go over and play at my parents house with their dogs.  We are so lucky!
7.  How did you end up with your person?
I lost my scottie, Piper, and couldn't handle not having a dog.  I found Daisy through Linda at Green Acres Garden.  She has a B&B and scottie dogs!  It was a perfect fit!
8.  What's your rudest habit?  
I eat juicy, fat worms and then want to kiss you!
9.  Do you prefer to be nekkid or clothed?
I wear a daisy color everyday...it's too warm for anything else.
10.  Do you have a dental care routine?  
I brush her teeth with a peanut butter flavored paste.  She also chews treated antlers and chew toys.
If you do, do you like it?
I love it!
11.  What's your most embarrassing story?
I bark every time someone is on the phone.  I hear another voice and think someone is in the house!
 
Daisy and I want to give The Sunshine Award to...
Daisy at Downunder Daisy
Dougall and Floyd at Dougall Diaries
 
It has the following rules:
1.  Thank the blogger who gave it to you.
2.  Share 11 random facts about yourself.
3.  Answer the 11 questions the blogger made up for you.
4.  Make up 11 questions for your nominees.
5.  Pass it along to as many bloggers as you'd like
 
Here's 11 questions for you to answer:
1. How do you feel about walks?
2. What is your favorite way to communicate?
3.What is your favorite blog post?
4. Are you dressing up for Howl-o-ween?
5. Do you play favorites?
6. Do you still see your parents or litter mates?
7. Is there anywhere you'd like to visit?
8. Are you afraid of anything?
9. What is your favorite toy?
10. What was your most memorable puppy story?
11.  Do you have other fur-friends that live with you?


6 comments:

  1. Hi Daisy--it's a great name, isn't it? I was bought with some of HER inheritance when HER mum died, and I was named after HER mum's favourite flower.

    Thanks for the award. That's very kind of you...when we haven't even met, yet. I notice we have a few friends in common. That's good. Dougall (and Floyd) live a few hours south of us.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. BIG congrats on your first award Daisy!! We just love learning more about our furends...mom thought the tooth pulling thing was really funny.
    Wally & Sammy

    p.s. we just realised you may not be able to find us...so here is our blog address: www.wallaceandsamuel.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So your peep is a first grade teacher. Maybe Daisy you should become a reader dog like me. Congrats on your award and I think you are passing it on to two great blogs.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much Daisy! I love it!

    Your dinner sounds nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you liked your award. I love reading your answers and learning more about you. I have never thought of eating worms....are they tasty?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, and I forgot to mention....that looks like a GREAT book!

    ReplyDelete