Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Summer Reading with Daisy: Chewy Louie

When I was picking my book for this week, I was inspired by the banana bread incident on Monday.  Here is the story of 'some doggie' that does what all puppies do best...CHEW!  Chewy Louie is written by Howie Schneider.  He even did all the pictures himself!  Dixie wanted to get in on this review.  She wants you to know she still likes to chew bread.
The story begins with a little black puppy and a family.  He was very hungry and ate everything.  They family named him Chewy Louie.  I remember being so hungry when I was a puppy.  Everything tastes sooooo good when you are little!
Chewy Louie ate everything in sight!  Dog bowls, clothes, shoes, furniture...you know, all the typical stuff puppies love to eat.   You would think humans would know puppies love to eat everything, but the always act so surprised when they find our puppy teeth marks on their stuff! 
This page made me a little worried.  I didn't realize you would have to go to the vet for chewing.  Good to know.
Just when you think the family is going to have to give up Chewy Louie for his chewy ways, there is a happy turn of events!  Dixie and I wanted to show you the back cover because we think it's very clever.  I really like how Louie's tail is wagging throughout the whole story.  He is one happy pup!  I know you will be a happy pup or kid when you read this story and look at all the funny pictures.  
Happy Reading!
oxox
Daisy

13 comments:

  1. We have a Chewy Louie here. But a bit of Vicks on stuff, keeps him away.

    XXXOOO Bella Roxy & Dui

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a cute book.....love it when clever people can put their experiences to good use.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wesa all chewed and Maggie and Gussie still do, but mostly on their 123 binkies, and elk antlers, and stuff like that....mom says one day they will be grown up like me. ummm
    stella rose

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chewy Louie why he is a great dude dog. I think you are doing a marvelous job of reading Daisy.
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great book and now I have the song Louie Louie in my head :) hugs fozziemum x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness for Chewy Louie
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  7. Superb Review of what sounds like a Super Book... Love it Daisy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm glad there's a happy ending! It looks like a fun book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Daisy!
    Wow, what a fun book! My peeps like to read...me, I'd probably just chewy a little on Chewy. BOL
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, Pol Comm

    ReplyDelete
  10. Daisy, are you a Chewy Louie?

    Aroo to you,
    Sully

    ReplyDelete
  11. *BOL* we LOVE Chewy Louie's tail *BOL* What a grrreat book and review.
    Wally & Sammy

    ReplyDelete